The purpose of the Thurnald Hinson Memorial Scholarship is to increase the number of appropriately trained healthcare professionals providing direct patient care in Trinity County. One thousand dollars ($1000) scholarships are awarded to persons entering or continuing their education in such fields as nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, radiology, laboratory, pharmacy and respiratory care.
The applicant must agree to practice in direct patient care for at least one year in a paid position in Trinity County, California, if such a position is available. This includes but is not limited to:
- Radiologist / Radiology Technician
- Registered Dietician
- Laboratory Scientist / Laboratory Technician / Phlebotomist
- Family Nurse Practitioner / Physician’s Assistant
- CNA, LVN, NA, RN
- The applicant must provide proof of enrollment or acceptance by an accredited or approved healthcare education program.
- The applicant must be a full time Trinity County resident, and have resided in Trinity County for at least the past twelve months.
- The applicant must provide two letters of recommendation from former teachers/employers or other community representatives.
- The applicant must be available for a personal interview.
CRITERIA FOR AWARD SELECTION
Information about the applicant’s qualifications will be obtained from:
- The application form.
- Letters of recommendation from former teachers/employers or other community representatives.
The criteria to be used in determining the award of each scholarship is as follows:
- The applicant’s work/volunteer experience (both related and unrelated to healthcare).
- The community involvement of the applicant.
- The applicant’s career goals (what are your professional goals and plans for the next five years).
- Prior academic performance and potential for future academic success.
Applications are available online here, in the Trinity Hospital Business Services office, Weaverville Health Clinic, and Hayfork Health Clinic.
Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to
Mountain Communities Healthcare Foundation
P.O. Box 3051
Weaverville, CA 96093